Abstract formatting requirements
- Electronic Abstract Formatting Guidelines
- General Abstract Formatting Guidelines for sections with a word file upload
- Requirements for the "Philology section"
- Requirements for the "Innovation in Chemistry: achievements and perspectives section"
- Requirements for the "Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics section"
- Requirements for the "Geography section"
Electronic Abstract Formatting Guidelines
The automatic system of abstract prototyping is used for the submission of abstracts in most sections, except for the following: "Innovations in Chemistry: achievements and perspectives", "Innovative Economics and Econometrics", "Soil Science", "Physics", "Philology", "Fundamental Materials Science and Nanomaterials", "History of Ancient Civilizations" subsections of "History and History of Art" Section, "Expeditionary research" subsections of "Geography" section. A word file upload is used for abstract submission for the above sections and additional requirements for the "Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics" section.
- Only the text of the abstract is inserted into the window for adding abstract. The section, subsection, scientific research title, name, surname, patronymic, institution and e-mail address should not be added since this information is already indicated above the abstract window (it is automatically generated using the application you submitted for participation in the conference).
- The length of the abstract: for humanitarian sections - 2 pages (up to 6,500 printed characters including spaces and bibliography), for natural sciences sections - 1 page (up to 3000 printed characters including spaces and references).
- The computer imposition system TeX must be used for the processing of abstract requiring the presence of mathematical formulas. In this case after the window for adding the abstract it is necessary to tick "I use TeX", only then the system will perceive TeX special symbols and commands.
- References are listed in alphabetical order according to the author's surname, firstly Russian-language references, then foreign, then Internet sites. The text of the abstract should contain links to all sources from the references. Links in the text of the abstract are supposed to look like this [n1], [n1, n2, ...], where n1, n2 - the source numbers in the list of references.
Samples of the appropriate reference formatting for the abstract can be found here.
Attention! When uploading abstract through the automatic prototyping system do not enter the numbering of sources in the reference list, because after saving the abstract, the system automatically numbers the lines. Go to a new item in the list by pressing the "Enter" key.
- Notes and citations are made according to the rules of the Harvard citation system: in the text the surname of the cited author is written in parentheses (or the surname of the first author, if there are several authors), the year of publication and the page, and in the references at the end of the research work all sources and publications are listed in alphabetical order. Archival documents are cited by the author or the beginning of the title, the authors are written down and the title of the document is provided with all the necessary requisites of the storage facility. Archaeological and ethnological findings are cited from publications. Internet publications are described in accordance with the GOST standards and are cited according to the general rules (by author, title from the screen).
- Images are uploaded in jpg and png formats after inserting the text of the abstract.
We would like to draw your attention to the fact that in case of a remarkable difference in the submitted electronic version from these guidelines, the Organizing Committee has the right not to consider the received abstract.
General Abstract Formatting Guidelines for sections with a word file upload
Word file upload is used in the following sections: "Innovations in Chemistry: achievements and perspectives", "Innovative Economics and Econometrics", "Soil Science", "Physics", "Philology", "Fundamental Materials Science and Nanomaterials", "History of Ancient Civilizations" subsections of "History and History of Art" Section, "Expeditionary research" subsections of "Geography" section.
- The document should be in MS Word format (files are accepted ONLY with the doc extension).
- Font Times New Roman, size 12 and line spacing 1.0.
Margins: upper and lower - 20 mm, left and right - 24 mm;
for the "Physics" section: upper - 2 cm, lower - 2.22 cm, left and right- 2.4 cm.
- Drawings and graphics should have a clear image and be sustained in black and white (black shading is allowed). Table header - do not tint, do not print in bold. Separate cells of the tables should be filled in gray (black) color only if the tone has a meaningful significance.
- Formulas must be executed in the built-in editor of MS Equation Editor. Manual hyphenation should be avoided.
- Abstract should contain the following output information:
• title of the article (on a new line, Times New Roman 12, bold, centered, without indentation);
• on the next line symmetrically in the center, Times New Roman 12, bold, italic, with a red line - surnames, first name, middle name of the authors (for each author - firstly surname, space, then initials (without a space between them));
• on the next line symmetrically in the center - current status (student, postgraduate, staff), academic degree (title) (Times New Roman 12, italic, centered without a red line);
• on the next line in the center (Times New Roman 12, italic) – full name of the university / institute, faculty, city and country (centered);
• on the next line symmetrically in the center (Times New Roman 12, italics) - e-mail address.
• If there are several authors who work in different organizations, then after the initials write an upper index (1, 2, etc.) of the corresponding to the organization, indicated below with the same number. If there is a single author or several authors working in the same organization, then the index should not be mentioned. After the headings, there are no points!
- The main text of the abstract (Times New Roman 12, alignment justified, beginning of a new paragraph - an indentation of 0.7 cm).
- The length of the abstract for sections of natural sciences - no more than 1 typewritten page (sheet of A4 format), for humanitarian sections and "Physics" section - no more than 2 pages, including output information and bibliography.
- Links should be in the form of square brackets and linked to the references list. The number of the reference in the references list should be indicated in square brackets.
- Abstract should be written competently, without spelling, punctuation and style errors. For special designations, the upper and lower indices (for example, CO2 or m2) should be used.
EXAMPLE OF ABSTRACT FORMATTING:
Determinants of the internal migration of the population in modern Russia
Ivanov Ivan Andreevich
Lomonosov Moscow State University,
Faculty of Economics, Moscow, Russia
In modern Russia, the level of internal migration flow of the population is extremely low. So, if the average US resident changes his residence approximately 13 times during his/her lifetime, the average Russian citizen does so slightly more than 1.5 times [2, 3]. Unlike economically developed countries, in which internal migration acts as the main mechanism for the redistribution of the population between the regions of the country in response to changes in political, socio-economic, demographic and other living conditions in these countries, in Russia at the moment internal migration is not an important factor of equalization of the interregional differentiation of levels of social and economic development.
The research showed that increasing the migration flow of the population between the regions of the country is an important prerequisite for smoothing the interregional differentiation of levels of social and economic development in modern Russia and ensuring sustainable economic development of the country in the short term.
1. Aleshkovsky I.A. Internal migration of the population in modern Russia. М.: TEIS. 2007.
2. Ivanov I.A., Ivanov V.A. Determinants of internal migration of the population in modern Russia / / The Moscow University Herald. 2006, Series 6, The Economy, №2.
3. Ivanov I.A. Determinants of internal migration of the population: analysis of domestic and foreign research / Ed. prof. V.A. Iontsev. M.: Max Press. 2006.
4. Cadwallader, M.T. Migration and Residential Mobility: Macro and Micro Approaches. Madison, Wis.: University of Wisconsin Press. 1992.
5. Pandit, K. Cohort and Period Effects in U.S. Migration: How Demographic and Economics Cycle Influence the Migration Schedule // Annals of the Association of American Geographers. 1997, №87(3). p. 439–450.
6. www.gks.ru (Russian Federal State Statistics Service)
Requirements for the Philology section
- The length - strictly up to a maximum of 6000 characters (with spaces), statistics should be viewed through "service – statistics", other methods give an approximate result. Abstract exceeding the maximum number of characters will be automatically rejected. The upper and lower margins – 2 cm, the left and right margins – 2.5 cm.
- Font - exclusively Times New Roman. To write in Greek language use the "Symbols" panel in this font, for the use of ancient Russian letters - the standard font Lucida Sans Unicode or Palatino Linotype, in the character set of which you can find yat, fita and yusy. Write "examples are given in simplified spelling" in the notes. The font size – 12, single line spacing, justified, the first line with an indentation of 1.25 cm. The beginning of the paragraph can’t be tabulated (by Tab key) or made by spaces, use "Format - paragraph - indent: first line - 1.25 ".
- Footnotes are prohibited. Links should be in the form of square brackets and linked to the references list. The author's name and year of publication are indicated in square brackets (if several texts of the same author are used), as well as the exact pages of the cited fragments.
For example, in the abstract, 2 scientific researches by Ivanov - 2000 and 2002 years. The reference to the first scientific research is as follows: [Ivanov 2000: 51], the second one - [Ivanov 2002: 151]. One scientific research of Petrov is used, the link looks like this: [Petrov: 50]. The different variants of references: [Petrov, Ivanov: 67-68], [Ibid: 69].
- The scientific researches used (no more than 5) are listed at the end of the text under the heading "References". Refer only to the scientific researches directly cited in the abstract. All the read material on the topic as well as important scientific articles and books should not be listed in the abstract. Names must be strictly modeled on:
Petrov V.V. Remarkable thoughtful work. M., 1999.
Ivanov V.V. Even more wonderful and thoughtful work. Paris, 2000.
Petrov V.V., Ivanov V.V. How did we write our remarkable works // Herald of Horticulture. 2001. № 5. P.67-68.
Ivanov V.V. Full. collect. Op.: In 13v. St. Petersburg., 2002. T.8.
Abbreviate only Moscow (M.) and Leningrad (L.), which is St. Petersburg (SPB). Page numbers are indicated in the references for individual articles. The publisher is not specified. The number of pages in the book is not specified. The presence of points, commas and spaces in the right places, as well as the ratio of large and small letters, is very important!
Links to websites and electronic publications of articles are issued in the simplified form: http://www.gramota.ru/
Detailed Formatting Guidelines and samples of the bibliography can be found on the website of the Council of Young Scientists of the Philological Faculty: www.philol.msu.ru/~smu .
- The abstract file should contain the following output information, typed in small (lower case, not uppercase!) letters:
• the title of the scientific research (on a new line, symmetrically in the center);
• on the next line symmetrically in the center - the surnames, names and middle names of the authors (for each author - first surname);
• on the next line symmetrically in the center - the current status (student, postgraduate student or staff), academic degree (title);
• on the same line - the full name of the university / institute. Then city and country.
My first, but already remarkable scientific research
Ivanova Maria Vasilyevna
Student of the Paris Institute of Horticulture, Paris, France
There should be no points at the end of the lines!
Anonymous and nameless works will be automatically rejected.
6. Drawings and graphics should have a clear image and be in black and white (possible use of black shading). Do not overuse drawings and tables. The table should not take more than a third of the length of the abstract.
7. Abstract should be written without errors. Abstract submitted with grammatical, style or punctuation mistakes will not be considered. The working languages of the conference are Russian and English. The use of English should be competent.
8. Abstract can have no more than 2 co-authors, each of which must be a student, a postgraduate student or a young scientist. Co-authorship with the research supervisor is not allowed.
Requirements for the Innovation in Chemistry: achievements and perspectives section
File format — doc or docx
Length — 1 page.
Page size — A4.
Margins — 20 mm to the right and left, 25 mm on top and bottom.
Font - Times New Roman, 12, 1.5 spacing for the whole text.
Red line for abstract text 12 mm
The first line — the title of the report, demibold, center alignment. The name should be written in the usual format, not all in uppercase.
The next line is italicized, bold, centered - Name and Initials of the author (co-authors).
The next line is italicized, centered — institution, city, country.
The next line is italicized, center alignment — e-mail.
Leaving NO blank lines, the next line is justified — text of the abstract.
Requirements for the Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics section
The abstract should meet the requirements and should be strictly formatted according to the template provided on the Council of young scientists CMC website (link: http://smu.cs.msu.ru/activity/conferences/lomonosov/2017).
The CMC section publishes a hard copy of the abstract collection (with ISBN), which is distributed between the participants, and is also available on the website of the section in electronic form. Sending the abstract to the CMC section, the applicant expresses his consent on their publication in the abstract collection of the section. More detailed information is available here http://smu.cs.msu.ru/activity/conferences/lomonosov/2017
Requirements for the Geography section
We would like to draw your attention to the fact that only scientific researches carried out INDIVIDUALLY (without co-authors) are allowed to participate in all subsections, except for the "Expeditionary Research" subsection. The organizing committee of the section does not consider applications submitted in co-authorship! Only expeditions organized within the framework of the Student Scientific Society of the Faculty of Geography of Lomonosov Moscow State University are allowed to participate in the "Expeditionary Research" subsection in 2018. For any questions feel free to contact the organizing committee of the section.
Abstracts should strictly meet the requirements!
Otherwise, the application will be automatically REJECTED.