The FRUCT Program is one of the largest regional academia-to-industry and university-to-university cooperation frameworks. The seminars are attended by the representatives of over 10 FRUCT universities from Russia and Finland, industrial experts from Nokia, Nokia Siemens Networks and Symbian Foundation, a number of guests from other companies and universities. The seminar is a forum for the most active students, a chance to meet colleagues from industrial research and learn more about the FRUCT initiative. The seminar provides an opportunity for student teams to present progress and results of their ongoing R&D projects and attend lectures given by the top academic and industrial experts. Traditionally the seminar program consists of 1.5-2 days of intensive training for one of the hottest technologies and 2-2.5 days of the seminar presentations.
We warmly welcome all university research teams to participate in the seminar, present your research and joint the FRUCT Program. The seminar participation is free, but requires pre-registration.
Please submit your papers (paper templates: TEX, MS Word) and presentation only (is enough to submit 150-500 characters abstract of your talk) proposals by September 14, 2009. The list of the seminar focus topics is provided below, but you also welcome to propose new challenging R&D subjects:
• Open source solutions, development and maintenance of large OSS, MAEMO
• Smart spaces, new use cases for well known devices, integration of peripherals
• Inter-device connectivity, Embedded networks, Hardware/software co-design
• Software and Services for Mobile devices, Design of future applications and UIs
• Technology proofing, modeling, verification and validation, testing techniques
• Design and optimization of emerging wireless network technologies
• Energy management, new sources of energy, green technologies
• Security, management of personal and business privacy
• Modern air interfaces and protocols