The objective of the conference is to discuss current issues of:
- ecology and safety of the Northern Territories;
- the impact of the industrialization of the North on the unique Arctic ecosystem;
- sustainable use of natural resources and conservation of ecosystems of the North and the Arctic;
- environmental requirements during economic activities in the Russian Arctic
- strengthening the system of natural areas of preferential protection;
- burial of solid municipal waste and liquidation of objects of accumulated environmental damage that pose the greatest environmental risks;
- safe technologies for the extraction and processing of mineral resources of the Russian North and the Arctic.