The 6th International Conference on Security of Information and Networks (SIN’13)
November 26-28, 2013, Aksaray, Turkey
In Technical Cooperation with ACM / SIGSAC. Proceedings by ACM Press and Digital Library.
Papers, special sessions, tutorials, and workshops addressing all aspects of security in information and networks are being sought. Researchers and industrial practitioners working on the following and related subjects are especially encouraged: Development and realization of cryptographic solutions, security schemes, new algorithms; critical analysis of existing approaches; secure information systems, especially distributed control and processing applications, and security in networks; interoperability, service levels and quality issues in such systems; information assurance, security, and public policy; detection and prevention of cybercrimes such as fraud and phishing; next generation network architectures, protocols, systems and applications; industrial experiences and challenges of the above.
Topics of Interest:
Possible topics include:
• Access control and intrusion detection
• Cyber Physical Systems
• Autonomous and adaptive security
• Security tools and development platforms
• Computational intelligence techniques in security
• Security ontology, models, protocols & policies
• Computer network defense
• Standards, guidelines and certification
• Cryptographic techniques and key management
• Security-aware software engineering
• Industrial applications of security
• Trust and privacy
• Information assurance
• Cyber Warfare (attacks and defenses)
• Next generation network architectures
• Malware analysis
• Network security and protocols
• Security challenges in Mobile/Embedded Systems
Papers should include the title, author's name(s), affiliation, mailing address, telephone, fax and email of the principal author. All papers will be reviewed by at least three members of the reviewers judging their originality, significance, correctness, presentation and relevance. Acceptance and final category depend on reviewer feedback. All accepted papers will be published by ACM Press in the conference proceedings and placed into the ACM Digital Library. Extended versions of selected papers will be invited for possible publication in a special issue of an international journal (TBA). The submitted papers should be written according to double-column ACM conference format (http://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates). All papers, special session, tutorial, and workshop proposals must be submitted electronically via the SIN 2013 Submission Site (https://cmt.research.microsoft.com/SIN2013/).
• Research contributions - Submissions must not substantially duplicate work that any of the authors has published elsewhere or has submitted simultaneously to any other conference or workshop that has published proceedings. Maximum length for the proceedings is 8 pages for full papers, 4 pages for short papers.
• Student contributions - Doctoral / Masters Students are encouraged to propose papers on ongoing research. Please add «(Student contribution)» to the title. Maximum length for the proceedings is 4 pages for student papers.
• Industrial contributions - Authors from industry and government enterprises are welcome to submit original papers that describe their experiences, challenges, and applications in security. Maximum length for the proceedings is 8 or 5 pages.
• Position papers / fast abstracts - Authors are also encouraged to propose position papers / fast abstracts on practical studies and experiments, critiques of existing work, emerging issues, and novel ideas under development. Maximum length for the proceedings is 2 pages for fast abstracts and position statements.
• Tool demos - Enterprises and research centers developing, implementing, or using security tools and frameworks are encouraged to propose application / tool demos. Maximum length for the proceedings is 4 pages for tool demos.
Important Due Dates:
Paper Submission: June 30, 2013
Tutorial Proposal: June 30, 2012
Notification: August 10, 2013
Camera Ready & Author Registration: August 30, 2013
Atilla Elci, Aksaray University, Turkey
Manoj Singh Gaur, Malaviya National Institute of Technology, India
Mehmet Orgun, Macquarie University, Australia
Oleg Makarevich, Southern Federal University, Russia
Alexander Chefranov, Eastern Mediterranean Univ., North Cyprus
Vijay Laxmi, Malaviya National Institute of Technology, India
Josef Pieprzyk, Macquarie University, Australia
Ludmila Babenko, SFedU, Taganrog, Rostov, Russia
Berna Ors Yalcin, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey